The Pitch Perfect Competition is an annual Temerty Faculty of Medicine and Health Innovation Hub initiative that celebrates and supports health-related student innovations. Selected student projects will be invited to present a pitch for their entrepreneurial ideas; winners will be awarded Student Innovation Fellowships to help develop their innovations.
Applications Open: Monday, Sep 20, 2021.
Applications Close: Tuesday, Sep 28, 2021.
Decision Notice: Successful applicants will be notified on Friday, October 1, 2021.
Mentorship Hours: Successful applicants will be granted mentorship with H2i’s lead mentors. This is an invaluable opportunity to practice your pitch and receive impactful feedback to help perfect it!
Pitch Competition: Pitch Perfect 2021 will take place on Tuesday, October 26, 2021.
Application Details – Application Includes
- List of Team Members and affiliation with the University of Toronto
- Project description (up to 400 words) including identified health/medical need
- Work Plan / Milestones
- Short term and long term funding priorities
Guidelines and Criteria Evaluation Criteria: Proposals will be evaluated on commercialization/translation potential including (but not limited to) the following criteria:
- Identified health/medical need;
- Scientific basis for design solution;
- Novelty, complexity, risk & feasibility;
- Work plan, milestones, deliverables & decision points;
- Knowledge transfer plan; and
- Health impact/market potential
Please note: At least one member of the team must be a current University of Toronto student.
To apply, please click here.