Applications are now open for the
2022 FemSTEM Pitch Competition!
Each year, H2i holds the FemSTEM Pitch Competition as the culminating event of the FemSTEM event series. The pitch competition, judged by a panel of industry experts and key opinion leaders, gives up-and-coming healthcare innovators the opportunity to present their idea to the public and the chance to win funding and in-kind services to scale their project. With FemSTEM’s mandate to inspire, engage, and celebrate women entrepreneurs, this final event spotlights and accelerates the work of the next generation of women entrepreneurs in the healthcare sector.
This year’s FemSTEM Pitch Event will take place Thursday March 24th 2022 from 3:00 – 5:00 PM, and will be hosted virtually. (Registration to watch the pitch event coming soon!)
Applications for companies interested in pitching are due by end-of-day January 28th 2022.
The FemSTEM Pitch Competition is made possible by the generous support of Cassels Brock & Blackwell LLP and the Temerty Foundation.
Winner: $15,000 cash prize and $5,000 in-kind legal services from Cassels
1st runner up: $5,000 cash prize and $5,000 in-kind legal services from Cassels
2nd runner up: $5,000 cash prize and $5,000 in-kind legal services from Cassels
Eligibility for Pitch Competition:
Please read the following eligibility criteria carefully. Only ventures that meet all of the below criteria will be considered for the competition. Ventures must:
- Be innovating within the health space
- Have at least one co-founder or long-term team member who self-identifies as a woman
- Have at least one co-founder/team member who is a current University of Toronto student (undergraduate or graduate)
- Have a pitch presenter available who self-identifies as a woman
- Have had at least one team member attend at least two FemSTEM events (Kick Off, Fireside Chats). Registration for these events can be found on our Events page.
We encourage all interested ventures to join the H2i community as client companies to access the wealth of mentorship resources we offer.
Pitch finalists will have access to 1 hour of mentorship time from the H2i core team.
How to apply:
APPLICATIONS ARE NOW CLOSED.