The Accelera Program is for entrepreneurs to share their experience, knowledge, and challenges so that they may help each other navigate common problems, succeed, and grow.
The program consists of roundtable discussion groups led by an industry or academic facilitator on topics that are central to the issues and challenges faced by early-stage startups. Accelera is delivered via 3 concurrent streams, reflecting the needs of our client companies.
Accelera is delivered via 3 concurrent streams, reflecting the needs of our client companies at different stages. All streams introduce tools and competencies for effective entrepreneurship. This peer-to-peer mentorship program is one of the key ways we build community and share resources in H2i.
While attendance isn’t mandatory, we strongly encourage ventures to attend to learn from their peers! Attendance is also an eligibility requirement for H2i’s Professional Services Voucher program.
Hack & Huddles are bi-monthly, experiential learning sessions, designed to spark inspiration, collaboration, and to teach learners how to hack ideas in healthcare. They are available to H2i ventures and general public, facilitated by Joseph Ferenbok and The Ideation Clinic™.
The format for our Huddles include a moderated talk with a healthcare key opinion leader or executive, with the focus on one aspect of the Ideation Key, followed by an idea “hack-a-thon” in facilitated breakout rooms.
Facilitated by Paul Santerre, for client companies in the Discovery phase (Level 2)
- These round table discussions will coach groups toward completing more of their business plan and facilitating peer to peer support between groups at similar phases in their business development
- The final 30 minutes of each session will be dedicated to networking for those interested in exchanging expertise or sharing current problems with fellow H2i community members
Facilitated by Andris Lauris, for client companies in the Venture & Scale phases (Levels 3 & 4)
- This round table series will focus on helping start-ups with their final points to scale
- As businesses grow, there are a lot of new challenges and hurdles to overcome
- These discussions will bring together founders and entrepreneurs in the health care space to learn from and support each other in a safe environment.
ACCELERA 1.0: HACK & HUDDLES
For more information & to register for these sessions click here.
- Stay tuned for 2023-24 dates & topics!
ACCELERA 2.0: CEO ROUNDTABLES
Sessions are held on the last Thursday of each month at 8 – 9:30 AM ET unless otherwise noted:
- September 28th, 2023 | 8:00 – 9:30 AM | Legal
- October 19th, 2023 | 8:00 – 9:30 AM | Company Formation, Building and Retaining Your Team, Advisors and Team Evolution
- November 30th, 2023 | 8:00 – 9:30 AM | Non-Dilutive Funding
- January 18th, 2024 | 9:30-11:30 AM | Funding Stages Relative to Milestones (Joint with Accelera 3.0)
- February 29, 2024 | 8:00 – 9:30 AM | Time and Project Management
- March 28th, 2024 | 8:00 – 9:30 AM | Prototyping and MVP Development
- April 25th, 2024 | 8:00 – 9:30 AM | Making Connections, Building Collaborations with Clinical and Other Partners, Talking to Customers
- May 30th, 2024 | 8:00 – 9:30 AM | Technical Support, Product Development and Validation, MRS and Target Product Profiles (ISO13485)
- June 27th, 2024 | 8:00 – 9:30 AM | Regulatory Pathway: Focus on Budgeting and Timeline + Topic Selections for next year Accelera 2.0
- July 25th, 2024 | 8:00 – 9:30 AM | Growing Your Venture: Level 2 to 3, Transitioning How to Reach Scaling (Business model); managing customer and sales
ACCELERA 3.0: CEO ROUNDTABLES
- Wednesday October 18th, 2024 | 12:00 – 2:00 PM | Ways to enter the U.S. Market
- Wednesday November 29th, 2024 | 12:00 – 2:00 PM | Funding: Equity and Non-Dilutive Funding
- Thursday January 18th, 2024 | 9:30 – 11:30 AM | Funding Stages Relative to Milestones (Joint with Accelera 2.0)
- Wednesday March 27th, 2024 | 12:00 – 2:00 PM | HR/Employee Retention
ACCELERA 2.0: CEO ROUNDTABLES
- January 26, 2023 | 10 AM – 12 PM – Funding Stages Relative to Milestones (Joint with Accelera 3.0)
- February 23, 2023 | 8 – 9:30 AM – Time and Project Management
- March 23, 2023 | 8 – 9:30 AM – Prototyping and MVP Development
- April 27, 2023 | 8 – 9:30 AM – Making Connections, Building Collaborations, Talking to Customers
- May 25, 2023 | 8 – 9:30 AM – Technical Support, Product Development and Validation, MRS and Target Product Profiles (ISO 1348)
- June 29, 2023 | 8 – 9:30 AM – Regulatory Pathway: Focus on Budgeting and Timeline
- July 27, 2023 | 8 – 9:30 AM – Growing Your Venture: Level 2 to 3, Transitioning How to Reach Scaling + Topic Selections
ACCELERA 3.0: CEO ROUNDTABLES
- January 26, 2023 | 10 AM – 12 PM – Funding Stages Relative to Milestones (Joint with Accelera 2.0)
- February 22, 2023 | 12 – 2 PM – Exposure Beyond Local Programs (including CTA Boston, The Valley)
- March 22, 2023 | 12 – 2 PM – HR/Employee Retention
- April 26, 2023 | 12 – 2 PM – Ways to Enter the US Market
- May 24, 2023 | 12 – 2 PM – LSO/Regulatory
- June 28, 2023 | 12 – 2 PM – Legal
- July 26, 2023 | 12 – 2 PM – Sales and Branding
In 2020, H2i launched the COVID Accelera sub-stream in response to the COVID-19 global pandemic and the rapidly evolving needs of the healthcare community.
Identified client companies working on COVID-19 related projects are invited to sessions with KOLs to speak on topics ranging from diagnostic tool development to effective data collection and infection prevention.
This specialized Accelera stream continued to evolve alongside the pandemic, and the H2i team, along with KOLs and ventures, are reflecting on how to update and innovate this stream in 2022-23 to continue discussions on immerging health related topics where healthcare innovation can pivot and adapt to meet ever-changing global health needs.
IMPORTANT: The Accelera program is only open to current H2i client companies. Meeting information and registration links for Accelera 2.0 and 3.0 will be sent via email by the Program Coordinator within the first two weeks of each month. Reach out to email@example.com if you don’t receive a link by then!
Not an H2i client but are interested in this program? Submit a venture application to join us today!